Barnet Home Carers has been providing personal and respite care in people’s own homes in the Borough for almost thirty years. We have an excellent reputation among care workers and our clients.
As a charity, quality not profit is our driving force. We pride ourselves on the job we do and know that every day, lives are made better by the work that we do.
“The Barnet Carers way is based on family. We see ourselves as one big, extended family and we make sure that we care like family. That is what we ask from our staff and that is what we deliver”
Donia Arnall, Care Manager
If you would like to earn a good hourly wage (starting at £10.50 per hour but higher for people with skills and qualifications), access high-quality in-service training and enjoy a fulfilling job with career prospects and work locally at times that suit you, why not join us at Barnet Home Carers?
Barnet Home Carers are looking for people who are truly passionate about care. We are friendly, hardworking, have a positive can-do approach and are recruiting and training Carers every week! We are currently looking for at-Home Carers to work across High Barnet.
We have over 30 years of providing personal and respite care in people’s own homes in the Borough we know it takes someone with a passion for making a difference, who is truly special and has the right personality to fit into our dynamic team.
Our at-Home Carers tell us that they value giving something back to the community, have job satisfaction and are appreciated for what they do.
You may already have experience in this valuable work or you may not realise that even if you don’t have the experience, you may already have what it takes to be an at-Home Carer. We are an accredited training provider and we will ensure that you are trained to NVQ level 2 in care.
We are Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated and an approved provider to the London Borough of Barnet. We have an excellent reputation amongst care workers and the people we care for. Our focus is on each individual we work with and making sure that they can live the happy and fulfilled lives that they wish for.
If you would like to earn between £10.50 and £11.50 per hour, access high-quality in-service training and enjoy a fulfilling job with career prospects and work locally at times that suit you, why not join Barnet Home Carers?
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for at-Home Carers to work across High Barnet.
What we offer
- Hours to suit your needs
- Paid training opportunities- All staff are provided with comprehensive induction training and on-going training along with certificates so that you feel confident in your role. All training is provided by our accredited trainers.
- Good pay rates with increases for bank holidays.
- Perks of being directly employed: paid holidays and pension
- Opportunities close to home
- We arrange a portable DBS certificate for all our staff with reimbursement of costs
- Dedicated support from the Home Care Team and our 24/7 helpline including meetings and supervisions
As an at-Home Carer, you will have the fulfilment of really helping people & enabling them to live independently in their homes. You may be offering companionship, personal care such as bathing or going to the toilet, or help with medication, be cooking light meals, shopping, or helping someone to get out and about.
Another crucial part of this role includes getting to know clients personally and providing them with emotional support and company, which contributes positively to their wellbeing.
What are we looking for?
- Good English communications skills
- Flexible availability
- Car driver (desirable, but not necessary)
- QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (desirable, but not necessary as training will be provided)
- You also need to be eligible to work in the UK and able to prove residency at your current address. Due to the nature of the role a full, enhanced DBS is required as well as two satisfactory references.
Although experience is not essential our at-Home Carer vacancies will suit people with previous experience working as: Home Care Assistant, Carer, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Personal Carer, or Domiciliary Carer.
Please note we are a Domiciliary Care Service and NOT connected to a Care Home. We provide care in people’s own homes so you must feel comfortable doing this and happy to travel between jobs.